IFS Research Analysts Provide Independent Opinions
The IFS Equity Research Group analyzes markets, securities and economics to provide insights and analysis for our clients. Our research process and methodology are somewhat unique in the independent broker-dealer industry.
We use an open-source approach to discover ideas and convert them into living research and actionable investment recommendations. This process includes communicating and exchanging research and insights with internal analysts and external collaborators (such as investment research specialists, theme developers, academics and industry thought leaders). The ultimate goal is to provide a road map and tell the story of not only what is going on now but also provide insight into where we might be headed to help make informed top-down as well as bottom-up decisions to maximize the risk/reward profile.
Equity Research Services
Services provided by our Equity Research Group include:
- Market analysis
- Theme reports
- Proprietary daily commentaries
- Company-specific initiating research reports and results updates
- Sector allocation and model portfolios
- Top-down market views integrating the theme that markets are a mosaic and the connection between asset classes helps drive results
- Closed-end fund research and analysis on the universe of funds in equity, fixed income and specialty asset classes
Our firm’s research takes a thematic approach, focusing on disruptive or innovative technologies.
- Healthcare and biotechnology companies such as beyond DNA, bionic medicine, pharmaceutical innovation, stem cells, and bio-inspired computing
Covered Companies Profile
Companies we follow are those with up to $1.5 billion market cap (average is $250 million) that have a double-digit growth rate objective. The companies we track include:
- Innovative/disruptive technologies (industrial, IT/internet and healthcare/life sciences)
- Public companies based in Georgia, considered by IFS as the most dynamic state in the Southeast, ranked in the top 10 nationally by GDP, GDP growth, population and personal income
- Special situations/miscellaneous
Monthly Commentary and Quarterly Market Presentations: Market Insight
Our Equity Research Group provides a monthly publication that includes a market outlook with comments and analysis reviewing broad macro themes that drive asset allocation decisions. Each report aims to provide insight into the key factors driving market action and what leading indicators might say about the future path. Monthly Commentary is posted on the IFS Blog.
The quarterly presentation delves in depth into the macroeconomic themes driving the Fed and implications for future monetary policy decisions and their impact on the yield curve and the markets.
The IFS Equity Research Group prepares proprietary customized theme reports to educate our clients about the background, size, current dynamics and future of specific concepts and industries. The goal of our research is to provide turnkey reports that fit and fulfill the needs of our entire team.
Equity Research Team
Our Equity Research team consists of seasoned analysts, including a research-producing head of research, strategist and strategic consultants, as well as third-party partners who contribute to our work.
Director of Research
Direct Phone 470.881.8535
This assembled information is for information purposes only and is neither a solicitation to buy nor an offer to sell securities. Moreover, information provided is not intended to be used as a sole source of information on a specific company or concept.
IFS Securities, Inc., disseminates information to those who wish to receive it. Due to volatility within the markets mentioned, opinions are subject to change without notice. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable; however, their accuracy or completeness cannot be guaranteed. In general, bond and stock markets are volatile and no investment strategy, such as asset allocation and rebalancing, can guarantee a profit or protect against loss in periods of declining values.